Hey there! I’m so excited to have special guest Nikki Delaney join us again for part two of our series on romantic relationships.
Nikki Delaney is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Certified Relationship Specialist, and owner of A New You Counseling here in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. She has more than 15 years of experience in counseling for diverse populations, including individuals, couples, and families seeking to improve their lives and build stronger, happier, and more fulfilling relationships.
Now last time we talked about some of the biggest issues that arise in the beginning stages of romantic relationships, and how we can do better (and if you haven’t listened to that episode yet I highly encourage you to do so!).
In this episode, we’ll be focusing on the topic of Love Languages, and how to maintain healthy and happy romantic relationships in the long-term.
Nikki and I discuss the following and more:
- What are the biggest challenges couples face when it comes to building a healthy relationship for the long term?
- What are the 5 Love Languages?
- Why is understanding love languages so important?
- How can we find out what our own and our partners’ love language is?
- How can couples apply an understanding of each others’ love languages to their daily lives and interactions with each other?
- How can they apply this to their long-term relationship goals?
Additional resources mentioned in this episode:
- Love Nudge app
- A New You Counseling