Did you know that journaling can improve your mental health? In fact, it is a powerful and effective form of self-care. It not only supports processing your thoughts and feelings, but also can help you resolve problems as well as greatly reduce your stress levels. To get started, you can use a digital journal through an app or go with a classic journal or even a plain notebook. Just find whatever works for you and write whatever is on your mind or use a journal prompt.
Here are a few prompts to get you started:
- Reflect: Appreciate where you are in your journey, even if it’s not where you want to be.
- Journal: What new beginnings are happening in your life right now? Also, what is ending as new things begin?
- Reflect: When you let go, you grow.
- Journal: What do you need to let go of today?
- Reflect: Relationships either elevate or diminish you. Choose wisely.
- Journal: Does the company you keep reflect your personal growth and who you want to be?
- Reflect: 99% of the things we worry about never happen and only result in disrupting our mood. Don’t allow things you cannot control to consume your thoughts, or you will spend your whole life being upset.
- Journal: What thoughts keep repeating in my head lately? What about those thoughts are in your control and what isn’t?
- Reflect: We all have experienced chaos in our lives. These moments can present opportunities for personal growth such as exposing what we really care about, revealing our needs, cultivating gratitude, and helping us to consider old things in new ways.
- Journal: How have you handled chaotic moments of change, discomfort, or disruption in your life? What growth opportunities have you found in it?
You can also follow me on Instagram @heytherenicolegreen for weekly #writeitwednesday journal prompts and more!