To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.Oscar Wilde
Did you know that being intentional about your life will give you more confidence?
The concept of intentional living (or as I like to call it “participating in your life”) is being purposeful about how you live and what you do. It’s about knowing why you are doing what you do, and why you don’t want to do some things. It’s about making better choices in your life. One of the most important benefits of intentional living is aligning your actions with your values. And that is very important. Because compromising your values will cause frustration in your life. To live intentionally is to take thoughtful consideration about what is important to you and your life. And it involves making conscious and considered choices about your life.
The choices you make determine the direction of your life. Your attitude and responses result from your decisions. You can have a positive attitude and outlook. Or you can choose a negative attitude. Your situation does not determine your outlook and attitude. You choose how you will respond.
So being intentional means taking deliberate and purposeful actions. Since you make your life by the choices you make, make choices that will benefit you most. I want to give you 5 simple ways to start being more intentional in your life today:
- Be mindful of the media you consume –
- When media is consumed improperly, it can rob us of our precious time and can even overwhelm us with too much information or create a fear of missing out (FOMO). Remember: what you consume, consumes you
- Choose kindness –
- It doesn’t cost anything to be kind. Kindness improves our quality of life and radiates outward to those around us. It brings people together. Showing kindness to others is just as rewarding as receiving it from someone else.
- Guard your “yes” –
- Once again, time is one of your most precious assets. Treat it that way and remember that “no” is a complete sentence.
- Prioritize rest and self-care –
- Self-care saves lives. Give yourself the attention, compassion, time, and energy that will keep you functioning and being well.
- Practice gratitude –
- Gratitude helps to reduce a multitude of toxic emotions while helping you to cope better with adversity and sleep better.
Remember, living intentionally means trying to live in conscious alignment with your values, beliefs, and the things that matter most. It’s about defining what you want your life to look like. And it involves having a plan to move towards that life.
How will you begin to participate in your life differently?
Until next time, be well!